Sponsor a Child for Mandela Day
West View makes a difference in the lives of children living in the Mooiplaas informal settlement through our mission, Ditshego. Help us to get more children off the streets and into Ditshego's school where they receive two cooked meals, education and lots of love.
We have quite a few people who are already sponsoring children and we are extremely grateful for their support, however there are still so many children on the streets.
Help us to get these children into a safe, learning environment by sponsoring or partly sponsoring a child in need. Sponsor a meal for a month or a full sponsorship for a year- Every bit helps!
Ditshego relies heavily on donors and sponsors to deliver its services to the children and the community. In the past we asked for people to give 67 minutes of their time or effort.
This year we are asking that you sponsor our children with multiples of R67 as shown in the table below:
Sponspr a breakfast for a child: 2 units - R134
Sponsor education for a child: 3 units - R201
Sponsor meals and education: 6 units - R402
- Collect cash amongst your group/company
- Once off Direct payment into our account
Eldoraign branch 251145
Acc no: 62296868634
Ref: Mandela Day
- Monthly stop order
Kairos Prison Ministry
The mission of Kairos Prison Ministry is to bring Christ’s love & forgiveness to all incarcerated individuals, their families & those who work with them, and to assist in the transition of becoming a productive citizen. It affects the lives of prisoners in countless positive ways. Lives have been changed, & former inmates re-enter society as better spouses, parents & employees. Many released prisoners become volunteers, & give back to society. Some start their own ministries, pastor churches, while others run re-entry programs and become mentors.
The following Kairos weekend will be held at Kgosi Mampuru II – Pretoria Female Weekend #18 from 11-14 April 2019
We ask you the Church community to become involved in the following ways; we can’t take Jesus into the prisons without your help. “I was in Prison and You Visited me” Matthew 25:36
The most important component! Pray for the prisoners (residents) the Chaplain, the wardens, the Prison authorities and the Kairos team.
• PRAYER VIGIL:
Please visit the following link https://prayer.kairosministry.org.za/vigil.php?pvId=101 add your name to a suitable slot on the prayer vigil - we really need and rely on your prayers.
• BAKING BISCUITS:
Those of us who have seen the appreciation on the faces of the prisoners realise how much your efforts are appreciated. Home baked biscuits baked with prayer, nourish & delight them spiritually as well as physical. This is an act of love (agape). We need loads of biscuits – approximately 2,000 dozen for one Kairos weekend! Please pack them in ice-cream containers and mark it clearly Kairos and or call me and I will collect it. Last biscuits will be at church Wednesday morning 10h00 on the 10 April 2019
• INVITATION TO THE CLOSING CEREMONY:
All (18 years & above) are invited to the Closing Ceremony Sunday 14 April at 13:30 FOR 14:00 for of any of the Kairos weekends, during which the residents will share their testimonies of “God’s Special Time’. Only your ID’s (and car keys) are allowed to be taken into Prison, no handbags, etc
Should you feel led to join a team in the future (training is provided, & is essential) or need any more info contact Nellie Hunter on 082 886 1034 for more details
Date: Saturday, 2 November 2019
Time: Arrival time: 8:30 [The duration of the session is usually 3 hours - You will be home in time for lunch]
Address: Plot 40 Gouws Avenue, Raslouw, Centurion
We are pleased to welcome Lorraine Groenewald, Director at the Mohale Rest & Retreat Centre in Pretoria North, to facilitate our next session. She will share the theme for the day soonest. Please join us in spending quality quiet time in the presence of the Holy One…
A few logistical arrangements:
• The session is open to anyone [not only West View members - and not only ladies].
• Please arrive promptly by 08.30 for a cup of coffee before we start. The gate is locked for safety reasons during the retreat once everyone has arrived.
• Wear comfortable clothing and bring along a blanket (if you would like to sit on the lawn), your bible, pen/pencil & note-book. Chairs are provided.
• Tea, coffee, biscuits and water are served. Please bring your own snack pack for something to nibble on.
• A donation box is available should you wish to make a contribution towards the day.
• Space is limited to 20 people.
- Please commit to attending on the day if you have confirmed – to avoid saying no to someone because the list is full and a “no show” would disadvantage them.
- Please cancel beforehand should your plans change unexpectedly
- In the event of something cropping up on the day to prevent you from attending, please call Sally or Janine… otherwise we will be waiting for you to get started…..
Please feel free to share the invitation with those whom you know will be interested.
We look forward to sharing the morning with you. Until we meet again, blessings…
WEST VIEW COLLEGE
Construction has begun on the West View College Sports Court. For the next two months, parents and children should access the Pre-primary and Junior Primary Children’s Church through the bottom pedestrian gate, near Willem Botha Avenue. Thank you in anticipation for your patience through the building process.
PROJECT AND ENJOY
DELICIOUS FISH AND