one Lord, one faith, one baptism
- What is the meaning of Batism?
The topic is covered in deoth at the preparation workshop. In short, Baptism is a sacrament in which a person is incorporated into the church and in which we signify God embracing him/her as God's child in love. The water symbolises a passing from old into new as God's love washes over us.
- Who can be baptised at West View?
We welcome children of our members for baptism. If you are not already a member but would like to become one, you will be asked to attend a new members coffee and "Welcome to West View" evening prior to the baptism. Both adults and children can be baptised, provided they have not been baptised before.
- When can our child be baptised?
At West View, baptisms are usually scheduled on the third Sunday of every month at the 09:45 am service. The Church is willing to accommodate you should this not work.
- What is the process to follow?
- Viv will contact you regarding a Baptism Preperation Workshop which you will need to attend prior to the baptism service.
- Schedule your Baptism date through Viv. You will be asked to submit a photograph of your little one.
We look forward to your continued involvment in West View as you raise your child within our faith community.